Malnutrition slows a child’s development and makes them vulnerable to a number of illnesses.
According to the United Nations State of Food Insecurity in the World report, 820 million people in the developing world are undernourished.
Good nutrition is a building block for proper development and can:
- Strengthen the immune system
- Enhance cognitive and physical development
- Increase concentration in school
- Victory Foundation Programme addresses a child’s nutritional needs in many ways.
- Sponsored children receive regular health and malnutrition screenings.
Parents are taught nutrition fundamentals and provided with meal preparation training and information about purchasing locally available inexpensive, nutritionally whole foods.This form does not exist